There are many different professionals whom you should maintain a list of so you can quickly respond to any issue that occurs at your home. Having a contact list that includes a roofer, electrician, HVAC contractor, and plumbing contractor can save you time in an emergency situation. In addition, each of these professionals can provide ongoing maintenance services to help you avoid a serious problem from occurring in the first place. The key is selecting professionals you can trust to be there when you need them and do a good job. To help you get started, here are some tips for how to choose a plumbing contractor.
- Be sure they are licensed- Many states require a plumbing contractor to be licensed, and some, such as New Jersey, require them to include their license numbers on their website and on all communication. With these numbers in hand, you can quickly determine if their license is active.
- Be sure they offer emergency services- While many plumbing issues do not require an emergency plumber, there are some that do, so you want to be sure the plumbing contractor you choose will help you with a serious plumbing issue even if after normal business hours.
- Be sure they have experience- Longevity in business speaks not only to the quality of their work, but also their efficiency, reliability, and standing in the community.
- Be sure you are in their service area- While a plumbing contractor may be willing to come to your location if you are out of their normal service area, you might face an extra charge for them to travel.
- Be sure they handle all plumbing concerns- The more plumbing services the plumbing contractor handles, the less chance you’ll need to call someone else if the situation falls out of their range of services.
At Rainbow Plumbing & Heating, we have NJ Master Plumber (#9542), Master HVACR NJ (#19HC00232300), and Contractor Registration (#13VH02435300) licenses. We have a large service area that includes all of Monmouth, Mercer, and Middlesex Counties. You will always get the help you need thanks to our full range of plumbing services, including installations, repairs, and replacement services. We have proudly served this area as a trusted plumbing contractor since 1986, so you can be confident we know a thing or two about quality work and top-notch customer service, including offering emergency services. You can have complete peace of mind adding us to your contact list! Call today to learn more about us or to schedule service.